After giving Nathan a day off on Sunday, Monday was no better. In the morning, it was clear he could not walk at all. I had an appointment with the vet who does his acupuncture on Tuesday, so I gave him another day to rest.
By Tuesday, he was very agitated and still could not walk. When the vet examined him on Tuesday, he agreed it was not good. Of course, the only way to know for sure if it was yet another disk would be to do an MRI. But, my husband and I agree we would not put Nathan through a 3rd surgery in 1 1/2 yrs. So, there really was no upside to doing an MRI. We would treat him as if it were a disk issue. It is possible that it is a very bad pulled muscle, but even today, Nathan is unable to stand.
It's clear Nathan's back is just a house of cards. He's now taking his Double P, prednisone and valium. He had acupuncture yesterday and today to try to give him some additional relief.
It's going to be a long week, waiting to see if he can get any better. I'm heart-broken.