Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day One, all over again

I spoke with the doctor this morning and she was very positive about Nathan's recovery.  She told me the disk that ruptured this time had been damaged for quite some time.  So, its no wonder Nathan's recovery was stalled.  Also, she said the previously operated disk had a lot of scar tissue that needed to be cleaned up. 

Lesson:  Do not let anyone other than a neurosurgeon perform this procedure on your dog, even if it means driving a distance to have it done properly. 

I just checked in with the hospital.  Nathan is already standing again.  Hard to believe just a few hours after surgery he is better than he was yesterday.  I'm already feeling hopeful that he will be even better than he had been over the last months.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job keeping your sanity and keeping your cool through all of Nathan's journey. That's why I started our blog, lovablelily.blogspot.com it helped me tremendously from going crazy during her disk problems.

    Sending Nathan more healing vibes and prayers!

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lovable Lily! I went to your blog and you sure are cute! And you live in sunny FLA too!

      Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  2. Like we mentioned in your previous post, Nathan is going to be just like our Bart.....quick to recover! Great News!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great news! I'm so so sorry it happen again
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete