Total Pageviews

Monday, December 5, 2011

Potty Training 101

The vet moved Nathan's acupuncture visits back out to 3 weeks for another try.  This past Thursday was the 2 week mark.  And, like clockwork, things fell apart.  Aside from his decrease in walking strength, he pooped in bed 4 days in a row before even 5am.   I feel like part of it is he may think its OK to do since its been 8 months now.  So, this weekend, I started going back to potty training basics.  Go potty outside, get a kibble.  Unfortunately, this also means scolding him if he poops in the house.  I feel awful about having to do that because I don't know if he can really control it.  But, I think we are at the point where we must retrain him.

I'm curious what other people's experiences in this area have been?  I'd love to hear feedback or suggestions from others whose dogs lost potty control and needed to work to get it back.

1 comment:

  1. Very very frequent trips, 15-30 minutes apart.
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete